Consumer Protection Policy Offered by Reins in Kingston
Code of Ethics and Competency Guide
#1: HVAC Contractors Reputation
Protect yourself from non-reputable companies who leave jobs unfinished or from those who insist on large upfront payments, then disappear without completing the job.
Five “Consumer Protection Policies” Reins will provide to ensure that we are reputable.
- Current business licence
- Written statement from Better Business Bureau®
- Current references
- Trade association certificates
- Written quote or bid
#2: Professionalism and Competency
Protect yourself against… poor workmanship and theft. Make sure the technicians comply with a courtesy standard.
Nine “Consumer Protection Policies” Reins strives to enforce within our company.
- All technicians will have a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- All employees will be required to pass a background check.
- All employees will never use profanity or tobacco in the home, or in the presence of the customer.
- Each employee with resolve any customer’s concerns promptly and efficiently.
- Consuming alcohol is prohibited while on duty.
- All employees will take measure to respect the cleanliness of floors and stairs of the customer.
- Technicians are required to maintain a standard of cleanliness and appropriate clothing to respect and not offend the customer.
- All employees will ensure that the work area is cleaned to equal or better than when they arrived on the job.
- All technicians will ensure that the customer is satisfied with the installation, the cleanliness of the area and fully explain the operation of the equipment before they leave the customer’s home.