5 Tips to Beat the Heat with Your Air Conditioner
- Place your air conditioner in the shade — An easy way to help your air conditioner run more efficiently is to place it in the shade. This way, your unit will be taking in air that is slightly cooler than any surrounding air which has been heated by the sun.
- Keep the thermostat away from heat sources — It's important to keep sunlight and other sources of heat away from your thermostat as well. Heat producing appliances such as TV sets and lamps can impact temperature readings, forcing your air conditioner to run longer than it has to.
- Make use of window treatments — Air conditioning in Kingston pairs will with window treatments that can block some of the sun's energy, such as shades, blinds, and blackout curtains. Close your window treatments when you're heading out or when it's an unbearably hot day outside to reduce your home's heat gain and to ease the burden on your air conditioner.
- Check air filters monthly — And air conditioning unit will work far less efficiently with clogged air filters. Make it a habit to check the air filters at least once a month, and to replace them as needed.
- Schedule annual maintenance — You should also have your air conditioner properly inspected and maintained by a Kingston air conditioning service professional at least once a year. They will make sure that all of the unit's components are properly tuned up, cleaned, and repaired if needed.
- Recognize when it's time for a new air conditioner — You won't be able to beat the heat with your air conditioner if it has simply reached the end of its usable life. Air conditioning units last about 10 to 15 years before they start to break down too often to justify spending money on further repairs. If you've been paying for repairs on a regular basis, then you could likely save money in the long term by investing in a newer model instead.
Air Conditioning Service and Solutions in Kingston
If your air conditioner isn't doing a good job of keeping your home cool, then it's time to call the Kingston air conditioner repair experts at Reins Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd. Our experienced repair professionals will assess the problem and provide the needed repairs. We'll also let you know if a new, energy-efficient air conditioning unit would be a more convenient and cost-effective choice.
For all your air conditioning service needs in the Kingston area, don't hesitate to contact Reins Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd. today.