Get Reliable Service for Your Furnace Repair in Kingston
At Reins Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd., we can provide the comprehensive range of furnace repairs in Kingston and the surrounding areas that will ensure your heating system is functioning efficiently and optimally. Our team of highly-qualified technicians have decades of experience providing repairs for all types of furnaces. It’s also imperative to schedule maintenance for your furnace to avoid costlier repairs down the road. For furnaces that are less than 10 years old, we recommend maintenance every 2 years and for furnaces that are over 10 years old, we recommend annual maintenance. Some common signs that your furnace may need repairs include:
- Furnace is making strange noises – hearing strange noises from your furnace is one of the clearest indicators that something is not working properly. If you hear thumping, scraping or banging noises, give us a call right away so we can inspect your heating unit.
- Air blows weakly – if air is blowing through your vents very weakly, it’s likely something is amiss. While it may just be a quick fix to your fan, it may also be a problem with your belts or motors.
- Liquid pooling – the severity of pooling liquid around your furnace depends on whether it’s gas or water. If the liquid is gas, turn off your furnace immediately and call us right away as this can pose a danger to your family and your home. If the liquid is water, there’s a good chance that it’s due to a clogged condensate line, and we can fix that for you quickly and affordably!
- Gaseous odour – if you smell a gaseous odour, turn your furnace off immediately and call us right away. Do not light any matches, candles and avoid using your oven. If you are familiar with your furnace’s components, turn off the gas supply valve. If you are not familiar with your furnace, leave it as is and we will attend to it right away.
- Thermostat not working – if you notice that you need to set your thermostat higher and higher just to get a small amount of heat, it’s a definite sign that your furnace needs the attention of an HVAC technician. Problems with your thermostat may be due to electrical issues like a blown fuse, a tripped circuit breaker or loose wiring. Trying to fix electrical issues on your own is not advisable due to the risk of shock.
- Frequent cycling – if you notice your furnace is frequently turning on and off it’s probably over cycling. This means it’s running more often than it should, and beyond the need for repairs, it will also increase your heating bill. Over cycling is usually caused by thermostat complications, improper air circulation or a clogged filter.
- Unusually high heating bill – if your heating bill skyrockets without an increase in use, it’s a sign that your furnace is in need of repairs. If you’re heating bill has risen unexpectedly, give us a call and we will identify the culprit.
There are many components of a furnace and it’s crucial to have experienced technicians to properly identify and resolve any issues. With decades of experience providing furnace repairs in Kingston and the surrounding area, we’re your trusted choice when it comes to all things HVAC! If you would like to schedule furnace repairs or maintenance services, we welcome you to give us a call today!